WAYS TO HELP
ACES is an all-volunteer organization. We are always thrilled when folks want to help! There are many ways that you can help ACES and our rescued setters. We need people like you to give of your resources, your time, and your talents.
Operating a rescue organization requires money. None of our volunteers are paid; the money donated to ACES goes toward the care of the dogs. We rely on donations since our adoption fees are less than the average rescue cost per dog. Even a small donation can offset the cost of veterinarary bills, microchipping, monthly heartworm preventative, and other needs of our setters.
You can take advantage of many opportunities to donate to ACES. Please visit our Sponsorship Programs page to donate in honor of an ACES dog that has caught your eye. You can also give a general donation in memory of a beloved person or pet that has gone on to the Rainbow Bridge. Or you can ask your friends or family members to donate to ACES in lieu of buying gifts for special occasions. More information and a list of our generous donors can be found on the Donations page.
You can also support ACES by shopping online. Use iGive for your shopping needs and name ACES as your charity. This costs you nothing and, at the same time, benefits homeless English Setters! You can also visit the ACES Shop at CafePress for unique gift ideas, featuring our favorite dog, the rescued English Setter! A percentage of the proceeds from this shop goes directly to ACES.
If you'd like to donate your time to ACES, we've got a job for you! Our greatest need is for foster homes. Without a place to put a homeless setter, we can't help them. If you'd like more information on fostering, visit our Fostering Dogs page. We also need volunteers to drive and overnight dogs as they move from state to state. For more information on our transports, visit our Transporting Dogs page. To volunteer your time, please complete our Volunteer Form and tell us how you would like to help.
There are so many ways to help. Please check the list below. Maybe there is something you can do! Can you...
- Volunteer to foster a dog?
- Volunteer to transport a dog?
- Volunteer to conduct a home visit?
- Make a monetary donation?
- Have a bake sale to raise funds?
- Do your online shopping via iGive?
- Donate a Kong? A Nylabone?
- Donate a crate?
- Donate a x-pen or baby gate?
- Donate a Halti, a Gentle Leader, or an Easy Walk harness?
- Mail out ACES information?
- Donate a digital camera?
- Attend local public education/fundraising events to promote ACES?
- Donate a gift certificate to a pet store?
- Donate a raffle item for a fundraiser?
- Donate an animal first aid kit?
- Bake some homemade doggy biscuits?
- Have a yard sale and donate the proceeds?
- Talk to your friends about adopting and fostering rescued dogs?
- Ask your vet to offer a discount to foster dogs?
- Help organize and run fundraising events?
- Lend your artistic talents to fundraising?
- Donate printer paper, envelopes and stamps?
- Go to local businesses and solicit donations for fundraising events?
- Buy two of those really neat dog items that you "have to have" and donate one?
- Make financial arrangements in your will to cover the cost of caring for your dogs after you are gone so that Rescue won't have to?
- Make a bequest in your will to your local or national Rescue?
- Donate your professional services as an accountant or lawyer?
- Donate other services if you run your own business?
- Let rescue know when you'll be traveling and that you'd be willing to escort a rescue dog?
- Donate a doggy seatbelt?
- Donate other types of doggy toys that might be safe for rescued dogs?
- Remember that rescuing a dog involves the effort and time of many people and make yourself available on an emergency basis to do *whatever* is needed
Please complete a Volunteer Form and let us know how you can help.