ACES 2014 REUNION
We are heading back to Chicago for the 2014 ACES Reunion! We hope that those of you who were there in 2010 are excited to return, and we hope those of you that couldn’t make it four years ago are excited to join us this year! The ACES Reunion will be held on Saturday, September 13, 2014. All ACES adopters, volunteers, and their pups are invited to join us from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for this canine-friendly picnic. And, yes, you can bring all the dogs in your family, not just your setters! We will spend the day at Whalon Lake Preserve where we'll have access to a picnic shelter and an off-leash dog park.
We hope you can come! To RSVP, please complete the Reunion RSVP form.
We'll be spending Saturday at the Whalon Lake Preserve. We will gather and picnic at the pavilion and have all-day access to the dog park. Whalon Lake Preserve is located on Royce Road, near the intersection of Royce and Lisson Road, in Naperville, IL. The entrance is on the south side of Royce Road. Follow the entrance road straight down the hill to the first pavilion, across from the dog park.
Whalon Lake dog park is a 10-acre, free-run, fenced area with a shade structure, benches, drinking water and wooded path. The pavilion is located beside the parking lot for the dog park. To use the dog park, you must purchase a day pass at $5 per dog. You may register up to three dogs. Permits will be valid for the entire weekend.
DO NOT MAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO THE FOREST PRESERVE OR SUGAR CREEK ADDRESS. PLEASE MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO ACES. SEND YOUR COMPLETED AND SIGNED APPLICATION AND CHECK TO:
ANOTHER CHANCE FOR ENGLISH SETTERS
P.O. BOX 4702
WHEATON, IL 60189
All permit applications must be received by Saturday, September 5, 2014.
Dog Park Regulations
The following regulations must be followed by dog park users. Tickets may be issued for failure to follow these regulations.
- All users are required to purchase a dog park permit prior to entry and to wear the ID lanyard.
- Owners may only have three dogs in the park at one time.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the dog park.
- Because of the plant and animal habitats that make preserves unique, District regulations require that a dog must be on a leash of no greater than 10 feet in length.
- Leashed dogs are welcome on most preserve trails, but are not allowed in State-designated Nature Preserves.
- Please use caution when visiting the dog park, and leash and/or remove your dog from the park at the first sign of aggressive behavior.
- Owners must remain with their dogs inside the fenced dog park and keep their dogs under control at all times.
- Dogs must not be allowed to disturb, harass, or interfere with wildlife or visitors.
- Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries or damage caused by their dogs.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult and not left unattended at the dog park.
- Dogs must display a current rabies tag.
- Owners must leave unhealthy dogs and those in heat at home.
- Caution and good judgment should be used when introducing puppies to the dog park. Puppies under six months of age are not allowed.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs by requirement of Ordinance 124.
- Small dog treats for training purposes are permitted; please refrain from bringing other food or treat items into the dog park.
- No alcohol is allowed in the dog parks.
- Dogs are not permitted to wade or swim in Whalon Lake.
- Failure to comply with any of the above rules may result in fines and/or revocation of your dog park permit.
- All state, county, local, and District ordinances will be enforced.
Box lunches will be provided at the cost of $9.00 per lunch. The lunch consists of a sandwich, served with potato chips, pickle spear and cookie. ACES will provide cold bottled water.
If you'd like to order lunch, please email us to place your order. Be sure to include your sandwich choice(s) from the list below:
• Sierra Turkey (Smoked turkey breast with chipotle mayonnaise, field greens, red onions on Asiago Cheese Focaccia)
• Smoked Turkey Breast (99% fat-free smoked turkey breast, leaf lettuce, tomatoes, red onions on Honey Wheat bread)
• Smoked Ham & Swiss (Smoked ham, Swiss, lettuce, tomatoes, onions on Rye)
• Mediterranean Veggie (Zesty Peppadew piquant peppers, feta cheese, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cilantro
Jalapeño hummus on Tomato Basil bread)
• Tuna Salad (Special recipe tuna salad, leaf lettuce, tomatoes, red onions on Honey Wheat bread)
• Cheese Sandwich (on Honey Wheat bread)
• PB&J (Peanut butter with grape jelly on White Whole Grain bread)
Condiments will be provided separately. You can pay for your lunch at the Reunion, but all orders must be placed by September 5. No extra box lunches will be available.
We’ve listed some of the pet-friendly hotels in the area below. Please note that this is not a complete listing nor have we verified the pet policies for these hotels. Contact the hotel directly for up-to-date information.
Quality Inn in Bolingbrook
8 min from the dog park
$15/night per pet, two pet limit per room.
Aloft in Bolingbrook
9 min from the dog park
Maximum of two pets, 50lbs or less, per guest room for no additional fee.
La Quinta in Bolingbrook
10 min from the dog park
No deposit, up to two pets per room.
Extended Stay America in Lisle
15 min from the dog park
Maximum of two pets per guest room. $25 per pet per day nonrefundable cleaning fee, not to exceed $150 per pet.
Extended Stay America in Naperville
16 min from the dog park
Up to two dogs of any size per guest room for an additional fee of $25 (plus tax) per night, not to exceed $150 (plus tax) per stay.
Country Inn & Suites in Naperville
16 min from the dog park
Up to two pets per guest room for an additional fee of $100 per stay. Pets cannot be left unattended in the room.
ACES Reunion Gear
Don't forget to check out the selection of Reunion gear at CafePress. Remember, you don't have to attend the Reunion to support our setters by wearing an ACES design. Of course, we'd love to see you at the Reunion!
Don't forget to complete the Reunion RSVP form. We look forward to seeing you there.