Prev | All |

POSIE

12-06-14

Posie at Dad's cabin

  • Adopted: 12-06-14
  • Gender: Female
  • Age: 3 yrs
  • Size: 36 lbs
  • Color: Tri
  • Cats: Unknown
  • Dogs: Yes
  • Traits: Sweet, smart and snuggly girl

At approximately 3 years old and 36 pounds, tri-colored Posie is a great age and size.  Posie is a sweet young female with lots of energy who came into ACES after being found as a stray.  

Posie is a very smart girl and very willing to please, so she has quickly adjusted to the good life of an inside dog.  She’s really doing well.  We are working on basic commands.  She will come in from yard about 90% of the time when called; the other 10% when Posie doesn't come running back to the house is because she's on a serious point. We are working on her leash manners because she tends to pull  when she encounters a critter.

Posie is very playful and likes to be with her foster mom, her two fosters brothers or foster sister, all of whom she will try to get to join her with a big play bow.  She is housetrained and will go to and from back door to let you know it's time to go out.  When she wants to come back in, she'll bark at the door.  Posie knows how to behave herself when left at home alone; she has free roam of house with no accidents and she does not get herself into trouble.

Posie is very sweet and snuggly. She burrows into her foster mom’s side for additional love 'ums when they are on couch together.  If her mom is chatting on the phone or watching TV, Posie is happiest  laying next to you.  Because of this, Posie needs to be able to have a family willing to spend "Posie-cozy" time with her.

Click here to see a video of Posie giving kisses to her foster sister, Marie.

Would you consider giving Posie a forever home?

POSIE'S SUCCESS STORY - 1/14/16

ACES received this photo and update from Posie's Dad:  Photo of Posie up at our cabin. She loves looking out the window. We just got snow a few days ago and the dogs are having a blast.

POSIE'S FOSTER FRIENDS

Zachary Reiboldt hopes that sweet little Posie will soon be snuggling on the couch with her new family in a loving forever home!